Monday, May 9, 2022

string blocks

I grabbed a bucket of strings and crumbs and started sewing pieces together for my hole in the barn quilt. I feel like I am going to run out of the strips before I am done with all the colors for the rainbow scrap challenge. I only need the rectangles to be 2 1/2 inch wide. It is a great opportunity to use the small pieces.


I am aiming for rectangles that are 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches. 


I enjoyed my Mother's day with church and family for dinner. But, it certainly wore me out for today.




I am linking:


6 comments:

  1. I followed your link to your block...very cute. I think I may try to use crumbs in the center but still thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great family picture! I think I will never run out of scraps!
    If your friends know you need scraps, you may end up with bags of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely family you have! Much as I love my family, time with them exhausts me too, of course in a good way. Now I understand how my Granny and Mom felt when they were older and we all got together. ;) Love the strings, and those Hole in the Barn blocks are so cute.
    Thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pic and ha! on the meme! I've had a few days like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy crumbs for your hole in the barn blocks! This is a great and fun idea for using all those small bits and small pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had the perfect Mother's Day! Thanks for sharing your hole in the wall blocks on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete