Tuesday, April 13, 2021

to do: blue ridge beauty

I am restless about finishing ufos. I am on track with my goals for the month, but, I want to add something more interesting. I have been choosing my ufos by the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. April is blue. I have an older ufo that keeps being passed over, that, I want to at least make a plan for finishing. This is a Bonnie Hunter quilt called blue ridge beauty from her book adventures with leader enders. It takes a bit to figure out what is still left in the box after I open it. It looks like I have a large piece of fabric for the backing. I have a few leftover blocks from the quilt, and inner border strips, and a top without borders. So close, and, I didn't finish it.  Borders used to be my kryptonite. Now, they don't seem such a big deal.



There are a lot of oldie fabrics in here and some recycled shirts. It is truly a beauty to me.




I am linking to:




13 comments:

  1. This quilt is a beauty, I hope you do finish the flimsy this month. Maybe for May your goal could be to quilt it! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m cheering you on! Blue Ridge Beauty is a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Maggie -- your Blue Ridge Beauty is MAGNIFICENT!! I will be cheering you on to the finish line this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is a beauty! Glad you're ready to get it finished up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is so beautiful, glad you will give it a try for finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely quilt, it so deserves to be finished! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s always exciting to realize our quilting skills have taken a step further. You used to dislike doing borders but now you are ready to move forward. Her,a hoping you make good progress on that pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beauty. I, too, have a blue and light by Bonnie that just needs to be finished. It's Jamestown Landing and I need to finish the piano key border. Hopefully this year....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blue Ridge Beauty NEEDS to be DONE, Maggie!! It is going to be SEW gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a fun quilt. I think that I made one in purple many years ago. Funny how things that used to be hard get easier with time. I used to fight through bindings. Enjoy the final borders and finishing stages.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too have been advancing my UFOs via the RSC as well. Tops that color, scrappy backs, and bindings. It's really working for me. Looks like it's working for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go, Maggie! Go, Maggie! Go, Maggie, sew! You really are SOOOOOO close to a finish here. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of beautiful scrappiness! Definitely worth finishing up.

    ReplyDelete