Friday, April 16, 2021

sparkle top

After considering adding another row to the Christmas sparkle quilt  a free pattern found here. I made more blocks and added to the top before counting it done. But, now, I need to make the decision to add borders. I have plenty of fabric. IT doesn't seem big on the library floor, but, it does at home when I lay it out to decide.


I am always impatient to visit my favorite greenhouse in the Spring. And as a warning to be patient, it was only 47 degrees. We bought asparagus, cabbage, onions, and Jasmine. I have never seen that before as a plant. I tend to have big plans for the garden each year...... for my hubby.



I am looking forward to a guild open sew this Saturday. I have a new project to start.

13 comments:

  1. Lovely top! I have no thumb at all when it comes to gardening. LOL. Enjoy your sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never planted jasmine. Keep us updated on that. LOVE the colors in your scrappy quilt. They play so nicely together. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun quilt that it going to be, Maggie!! Congrats on finishing off the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt top is gorgeous...& certainly has a SPRinG feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty top. I pretty much always add borders because I think quilts looks unfinished without them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas Sparkle is looking fantastic. Such pretty fabrics. Nice plants too. I have been enjoying a bit of gardening this week too. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas Sparkle came together beautifully. Looking forward to seeing what you decide for the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun quilt - I like that you have to lay it out at home to really get the idea of the size! Every so often I will lay a quilt out at the fire station and when I get home - I sorta realize I made it SO huge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christmas Sparke top is beautiful Looking forward to seeing what you decided about the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Christmas Sparkle looks beautiful! And yes, I love the boundless optimism of Spring gardening. In the Springtime, ANYTHING is possible -- any plant can grow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christmas Sparkle is beautiful. Spring to me is the time of potential and the start of the growing season. May all your plants thrive and prosper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christmas Sparkle looks awesome. Have fun playing in the dirt and happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love Jasmine, be sure to plant it under a window where you can enjoy its scent. Your quilt looks great. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete