Saturday, April 17, 2021

blue stuff




After sorting through the 2 gallon zip lock bag of blue scraps and cutting into useable sizes for  the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy, I had these pieces in the bag that aren't really scraps. They are bigger than 1/4 yard. So, I just folded them and sent them to their homes on the shelves. And, I had the pleasure of an empty plastic bag...... Ready to refill at my leisure.


This week, I decided to build some tiny houses. They are still so fun. I have a million to go before I have a city um quilt.


And, I made the psp 20/21 blocks in blue. I have 40 postage stamp blocks and no idea how I want to put the together.


The medium blue is from a sheet that I used as a back at some point. I enjoy finding little fabric memories in the scraps.

My rainbow projects for 2021 with links:

tiny houses

crumb stars  pinkyellowgreenblue

postage stamp psp20/21

ice cream

waffle stamp blocks 

color blocks quilt along

blue ufos

floating stars and here

green ufos

Christmas sparkle

yellow ufos

yellow boxy star and here and here and here

florabunda


 I am linking to:



11 comments:

  1. Still in love with your tiny houses, Maggie.
    I am feeling temped to play with them also.
    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Building BLUE houses was a great way to spend some sewing time this week, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little houses are such cute blocks, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little houses are always so fun to see! Your psp blocks are great, too. Both will make amazing quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is fun to revisit the fabrics of quilts long ago. I am sure that something will inspire you with the postage stamps. So many great options.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are making such good progress with your scraps! I've got a few bags/baskets/boxes to empty around here, too. I love knowing where all the little pieces came from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little houses. Love the opening quote, although I must admit to liking geometry & algebra. I found them to be puzzles that also were mental exercise. Guess I'm a geek! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little houses, those are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those little blue houses are just darling. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete