Monday, April 5, 2021

border time

 We had a guild class last Saturday, The class was the collage technique by Laura Heine. I really like the look of her patterns, but, our teacher had made some really amazing collage quilts that we saw in person. The class was fun, but, I wasn't one of her successful students. I just couldn't get the "any little motif" can turn into a big picture thing. It wasn't for me. Maybe, sometime later. I didn't even take pictures.

After the class was finished, I had time to layout  almost amish from Jos country junction here. It was time for borders. I used  2 1/2 inch strips of brown for the borders. And now, I have a top. 


When I find/ piece a top, it will go to the "to be quilted" closet and party with it's friends.

The start is here. And the other blocks are here.

I am adding the unused cora the owl pattern to my etsy shop 





I am linking:

needle and thread Thursdays 

4 comments:

  1. I did the Flamingo when we had a Laura Heine instructor in for our guild. I loved it! But there were some who struggled with the placement of fabric. Love your Amish top, so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to be able to attend a class and your quilt is looking amazing. Happy quilting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to attend a class in person! Perhaps we'll have that here soon too. Your Almost Amish top turned out wonderfully! I hope you get to finish it soon. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking as the rest, how nice to be able to actually attend a class. We've not had a guild meeting since Feb. 2020. We are trying now to get started again in May.

    ReplyDelete