Monday, April 19, 2021

new quilt project

I had a great sew day Saturday with our guild. I planned on starting a new project that came recently from Missouri star. I don't remember how I saw this kit, but, I think it was on you tube. The charm squares are from Africa as a free enterprise sort of cooperation with Missouri Star, I don't have anything like this, it looked easy, and it was something new. 


Saturday, I spent a little bit sewing the first round of black to the charm squares. Then, I took a break for sewing borders for a quilt, and lunch.



After lunch, I sewed the second round of black to the charm squares. I am really enjoying this. I will probably save this as a portable project, but, who knows, once the bug hits.......


I looked it up on line.

Ubushobozi Project is a non-profit, vocational skills training organization founded by Jeanne Siporin, Alan Siporin and Laura Boyea in September 2008 in Musanze, Rwanda, Africa. Through education and skills training (sewing, weaving, crocheting and more) Ubushobozi seeks to end the cycle of poverty our girls have experienced throughout their young lives. 

I am linking:

5 comments:

  1. Those fabrics are wonderful colors. I have a friend whose son is a missionary in Tanzania, and they have a similar school teaching sewing and arts/crafts to young women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh. I love, love, love African wax resist prints. Falling Charms is a great way to show off the variety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made a couple of Falling Charms quilts--such a fast and fun way to make a scrappy quilt either with precuts or just-cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fabrics are so cool -- and so unique! This looks like it will be a fun project for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous project! Love that it supports such a noble cause. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete