Monday, April 26, 2021

carolina chaining

 I have been working for some time on Carolina chain blocks. I use them as a back up portable project. That makes it difficult to know just where I stand on this project with a little here and a little there. I counted the light squares the end of March here. I cut more of what I thought I needed. I have taken some time to count the dark chains, and, I have enough. It is time to start joining a few squares together.






This is a Bonnie Hunter pattern from her book addicted to scraps.

I am linking:

4 comments:

  1. This is going to be a pretty quilt, I look forward to viewing the flimsy. Did you make another Caroline chain sometime? Hapy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lively variety of scrappy prints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!!! It's always fun to break into the assembly stage! Can't wait to see this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maggie, I enjoy your thrifty side when it comes to fabrics...I buy extra large mens shirts at goodwills if I really like the fabrics...have had great luck with them. Meanwhile, love your pretty blocks and going to be interesting to see them together.

    ReplyDelete