Saturday, June 6, 2020

pink dresdens


Last week, I had a decision to make about adding a another project to my rainbow scrap challenge plans, an old ufo with pink dresdens.
I was worried I wouldn't keep all the plates in the air.
I was grateful for bloggie support and decided to do both, but, with a better mind set.

I spent only one evening sorting the scrap bucket and cutting what I would normally need. Then, I put it all away for another time. It looks neat and tidy.... for a minute.


I cut strips in 3 1/2, 2 1/2, 2, and 1 1/2. I have an accuquilt, but, I like to cut with a creative grids stripology ruler, when I am cutting multiple sizes from a single piece of fabric.


It wasn't as much as I planned to do, but, it was good enough. So that, then, I could work on the pink dresden for the month. Instead of working to finish it, I am using the dresdens as leader and enders while working on my quilt projects I want to finish. I will see how far that gets me. Any progress will be progress, and I can think about my sweet baby girl, every day.


This was how far I got the first three days. Not bad for an after thought.

My rainbow projects for 2020 with links:
 Irish chain
Shine
row by row
scraptastic star
country road

I am linking to:

rsc20 super saturday
oh scrap

9 comments:

  1. Those are such pretty pinks! Great idea to use that project for leaders and enders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you came up with a great solution! Pretty dresden and parts cut for future projects at the ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on that new Leader/Ender project! Painless progress as you work through your blocks for the RSC. Sounds like a WIN to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, and a great use of scraps! It's amazing how much can get done as just leaders and enders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an organized basket of pretty pinks. LOVE your dresdens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you adding another RSC project to the mix. And doing the Dresden blocks as leader and ender sewing makes it so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good plan. I love to see a quilt coming together when it is just being done in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty pink Dresden! Making the bits and pieces as a leader and enders project is a great compromise. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete