Saturday, June 13, 2020

more pink dresdens

I thought the best next step for the dresden quilt would be to cut this bag of dresdens I bought at a quilt show. If I was going to use them at all, I would want to start adding the fabrics at the first to make the variety look more consistent. There were both blue and pink in the bag, but I was only interested in the pink.


The  first template I used for this quilt was cardboard in the 80s. When I dug the project out again there was a great new template that I used. And this new template was the right size for the bagged dresdens. There are pencil lines on the back of these pieces, so, the original quilter had used a cardboard template as well.


I needed to tweak the angle a little.



I enjoyed cutting them so much, I even cut the blue ones.


I like the peaked dresdens best, especially with it being easier to sew by machine than a curve. I sewed all the tops on the treadle.


And, the pile grew.

I am using this quilt as a leader/ ender for the month of June and the rainbow scrap challenge.


My rainbow projects for 2020 with links:
 Irish chain
Shine
row by row
scraptastic star
country road

Pink dresden 

I am linking to:

rsc20 super saturday
oh scrap

9 comments:

  1. Great way to "save" a project. Love the vintage fabric. I see some real swiss dots and is that a seersucker?! It's going to be so cute! Looking forward to watching the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft and pretty fabrics, those dresdens will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet Dresden blades, Maggie. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought the Dresden Plate block was so complicated to sew that I would never make one. Turns out they are fun and easy! It is really helpful to have that ruler for them - I got one, too. Your pink fabrics are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bone needles were discovered from as long ago as the Ice age. sewing machines

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the EZ Dresden ruler and have made several Dresdens using it. Somewhere I have an old UFO where I cut tumblers using the EZ Dresden. Sweet pinks and blues! I love gingham.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun bag of fabrics! Dresdens are so fun to make.

    ReplyDelete