Wednesday, June 3, 2020

more 9 patch

And then, there were more. I enjoy working on these in the evening while we are watching Tv.


I talked about racing my daughter using 2 1/2 inch strips here. I think I am still ahead of her. But, neither of us is tipping our hand. I decided to throw a few red into the mix. It seems to go quickly when each set makes 2 blocks. I think I am aiming for 42 blocks for a 6 x 7 layout. That would be the equivalent of 63 jelly roll strips. I think Katie let slip, she is using 80 strips, so, she will win in scrap usage unless,..... I add borders.


I have made the second batch of pieced sashing strips for the quilted twins Old world mystery quilt. Here is the reveal for the old world mystery quilt at Quilted Twins.


It will be nice to start putting the mystery together.

My progress:
clue 1
clue 2
clue 3
clue 4
clue 5
clue 6

I am linking:

4 comments:

  1. it is a nice way to unwind working on sewing in the evening

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your 9 patches! The Old World Mystery quilt was very pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing your version. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! I think this is such a fun idea - having a race. I'm betting on you in the finish first, but her in the yardage use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great nine patches, one of my favorite patterns of all time! Good luck in your race!

    ReplyDelete