Monday, December 24, 2018

good fortune with a border

Happy Christmas eve.
I have all of part 4 finished and ready for the good fortune mystery.


And, I have cut all the pieces for part 5. These will be fun to sew after Christmas. Is it just me or have the clues been easier this year. I am not complaining. I wonder if the assembling will be the hard part.


I have moved this square dance quilt to the quilt stage by adding the borders.


It took a few days to decide.  I had several auditions of border fabrics that were definitely all wrong. And, then, the birds sang and all the world was lovely, and I found the perfect border, until my husband said ummm...are you sure? He never has an opinion. oh phooey.
I needed time out. I was cleaning my sewing room, and on the floor ( doesn't everyone have stuff on their floor) was a piece I needed to put away. And then I knew He was right. This was the one. The other was too bright. I also found this 80s print for the back.


I am linking to:



boms away 

Oh scrap
Quiltville monday link up

5 comments:

  1. Square Dance looks awesome!
    I really want to get mine quilted in 2019!
    Great job on the mystery blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That border fabric is beautiful!

    Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Square Dance top. Good for you for keeping up with the mystery quilt..One day I just might try one of Bonnie's mysteries :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps the clues seem easier this year because the actual quilt is a bit smaller? Although I did have heaps of problems with the 3rd clue!

    Both your projects look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for participating in Show and Tell Monday !! Happy New Year! Wish Bambi

    ReplyDelete