Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Primitive show

I am still digging around my sewing room trrying to get all pieces back together. I found more mini churndashes after I thought I had them all.

Last weekend, we attended a primitives show in Pierceton Indiana. It was really a nice show. The admission was free, and each of the vendors had some really nice items for sale.

I knew it would be great, when the popcorn vendor at the front door had popcorn garland
 I watched as someone was demonstrarting locker hooking. I did this many years ago, but she made it look easier than I remember.





There were two rug hooking booths.





Recently,I have seen rug hook patterns that are copies of antique coverlets. As if by magic, every booth had reproduction coverlets just so I could get some pictures. Here are a few I thought would make good hooked rugs.


I am linking to:
Free Motion by the River
to do tuesday
too cute tuesday

7 comments:

  1. Your churwndash blocks are really nice. I like the fabric combos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your inspiration and link to Show and Tell Monday !! Bambi hug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a great exhibition. And your churn dash blocks are sweet...one of my favourite patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun show! I love the popcorn garland. The rughooking pieces are fascinating. I am so glad you were able to share pictures of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Churn Dash blocks! Looks like a great show too!

    ReplyDelete