Saturday, December 16, 2017

more boxy stars

Friday is our quilting circle at the library. I had decided I wanted to make more blocks for my patriotic boxy stars  here. I needed 10 more blocks. When I came home, I had all the quarters together and one flip corner sewn to each block.


While watching Christmas movies, I added the other flip corner, marked for the bonus triangles with the Bonnie Hunter's Bonus buddy, and finished sewing them.




I just used scissors to cut them apart.


 I love the bonus triangles


 I even sewed 6 blocks together.  Hopefully, today, I can finish the other 4 blocks, and I can attach them to the rest of the quilt. I also want to do some string piecing today for string Saturday.


This quilt has depleted most of my dark blue 2 1/2 inch strips but I still have all the other blue strips overflowing. And the red drawer doesn't even look like anything is missing  sigh....
So far I am current with the quiltville mystery on Ringo lake. 

I am linking to:
Finished or Not Fridays   
Whoop Whoop


5 comments:

  1. Pretty stars! Love the blue and red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Stars are great. Don't think I've ever seen the pattern. Where can I find it, please. How big are the blocks. I'm still looking for next,years projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice progress on your Boxy Star project. I'm with you on those Bonus HSTs... LOVE them!!! Somehow, I always forget to use my Bonus Buddy ruler, though. :o((

    ReplyDelete