Wednesday, December 13, 2017

on ringo lake and accuquilt

I started cutting for clue 3 of On ringo lake. I am using yardage, so I calculated that I would be able to get 8 rectangles from the WOF strip. So I would need 30 strips, but I actually cut 33. But first I starched a 60 inch piece of coral fabric.


I used the 2 inch accuquilt die and the 5 inch  accuquilt die to cut the rectangles.


 I calculated that I would need 5 fat quarters to get all the neutral squares I would need. IT would have been just as easy to cross cut on the 2 inch die for the squares if I was using strips, but I was using fat quarters, so I used the squares die.


I have decided to go with the simple flip corners, using 2 squares and a rectangle. I have had very good luck getting these sewn using a line on my sewing machine bed. I don't feel I have to mark or precut them to get an accurate corner. I have actually used a 1/4 inch tape. I am really looking forward to power sewing all of these pieces. If I have trouble, I may have to rethink my options.


I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers

Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP



8 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie,
    I love your batik fabric! That is a whole lot of precuts there but I'm sure you will power through them quickly. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for sharing...I have just recently received a cutting machine, but still have a learning curve...you have encouraged me!

    thanks for linking up too!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are another one posting about the clues.
    Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cutter must make fast work of all that cutting. It will be fun to watch your top come together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to get all that cutting done. Looking forward to seeing the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your Accuquilt cutting ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous orange fabric but oh boy you are so lucky to have the cutter when doing that many blocks LOL Happy sewing now thats a lot of chain sewing have fun. Cheers Glenda PS Looking forward to seeing what happens to them all its sure going to be a big quilt !!!!!

    ReplyDelete