Wednesday, December 27, 2017

weighted blanket

The plan was to make a weighted blanket for our youngest son. That is what he really wanted. I found this really cute cat fleece. He is a big guy- 6'4" and 250 pounds. a weighted blanket should just be big enough so that all the weight is actually on the person. I figured I needed 12 rows across at about 5 inches and 14 rows long at about 5 inches.  And since the entire weight should be 10% of body weight, his was 25 pounds. I worked hours on this. It is not easy to slug 25 pounds through the sewing machine without catching any poly beads under the needle. I did break 2 needles and dumped a bunch of beads on the floor.

But He loved it so it was worth it.


soft kitty, warm kitty...

I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers

Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP





3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what is meant by a weighted blanket past you saying 25% of the body weight.
    I do know that I love a heavy blanket as it makes me feel much warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun quilt! I love the photo of him snuggled under it. You are never too big to love a quilt.

    ReplyDelete