Sunday, January 29, 2017

stash report Jan 29 2017

One of my favorite quilt shops for 30 years has changed ownership. The new owner wants a more modern feel to her store. So there was a sale and a trip on my birthday.      




The sale fabric was 50% off but 2 yard minimum - the rest was 20% off. I bought 10 yards. I bought civil war reproduction fabrics, It sure doesn't look like that much.



I was close to a downtown Indy quilt shop called Crimson Tate. It is a modern quilt shop and small, so I  don't just go there, but since I was in the neighborhood for my birthday, I stopped to see what they had. I found 2 Denise Schmidt fabrics for 50% off but 1 yard minimum. I bought 2 yards. I found a gingham fat quarter bundle that was on sale as well.






I bought Hobbs Heirloom queen size batting 80/20 at Michael's craft store with a 60% off coupon - such a deal.
So I fell off the wagon this week, but I used a lot of fabric in my January UFO finish.

 Stash report

Fabric Used this Week: 21.75 yards for the tumbler quilt
Fabric Used year to Date: 129 3/4 yards
Fabric Added this Week: 13 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date:16.25 yards

Net Fabric for 2017: 113.5 yards ahead


I have received my last hexies swap from the inchie hexagon group I have belonged to for several years. I decided to stop as it had become a chore. I will soend the evening adding them to my quilt. I love that as handwork.






I am linking to:
Slow Sunday Stitching
Sunday Stash

1 comment:

  1. You got some great additions. With the price of fabric, it's hard not to add when you find it on sale. Congrats on the excellent stash busting so far this year. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete