Thursday, January 5, 2017

New to me quiltathon

2:00 PM
Dentist gave me an antibiotic and my fingers are crossed that I will start reviving.
I cut more Carolina Chain
I finshed Clue #5 Enprovence
I cut more 2 inch strips from scraps for Carolina Chain

I cut flannel strips from a leftover scrap 3 1/2 in

I cut more hour glass units for  the leader/ender project swap


But I can't find  all the borders for the tumbler quilt, so it's a mad scramble to clean up some ergo the other stuff I am doing.
But I think I need a nap....sigh....



9:00 AM
My company has gone home, and I am having a love/hate relationship with the quiet. And I still have  nasty cold.
I stole some cutting time to start a new quilt Carolina Chain by Bonnie Hunter. I have no idea why this one, except it was at the front of the book Addicted to scraps. I still can't get into my sewing room, so I could sit at the dining room table and still know what was going on everywhere else. It felt good to systematically pick up a strip in my 2 inch bin, and cut it into pieces.
I needed at least 11 inches of a dark to cut into 2 - 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 rectangles and 2 more matching 2 inch squares. Then if there was at least 6 inches left, I could cut them for the matching 3 - 2 in squares.  Anything left, I cut first into bricks 2 1/2 x 3/12, and then 2 in squares.

Judy at Patchwork Times is having a quiltathon. I have never participated in that so I'm not sure how that will work for me, but it will be a new adventure. I have ham and beans in the crockpot, and I really want to focus on my tumbler quilt. But first I have a dentist appointment, I broke a back tooth over the holidays and it is starting to ache.  And tonight, I have relief society, and I am leading the
" marshmallow polar bear" activity. They will be so cute.
I am linking to:
WOW
Midweek Makers
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP
patchwork times
needle and thread thursdays
oh scrap

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    thanks for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poor chicken made me chuckle. I feel that way sometimes. I'll be sewing but have a lot of company on Sunday for our family's Three Kings Day celebration so it will be only a little here and there sewing as I get ready for that event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolina chain is a great leader and ender project. Mix it in with the tumblers. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG That chicken-I'm dying here!! :) Sorry you still are dealing with the dreaded cold! And a tooth issue on top of it! So sorry. Quilt when you can. Enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great project for all of your scraps - have fun! Thanks for linking up to Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making lots of progress. I have to do a bit of clean up,too, but not til I tackle the kitchen after lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the poor rooster, I've had weeks like that. Hopefully your both your cold and your tooth are much improved. Enjoy your quilt-a-thon. Looking forward to seeing all your progress on Monday.

    ReplyDelete