Tuesday, June 30, 2020

to do: something new

I uncovered a small box with 6 inch squares. I believe, I bought it at a quilt show garage sale. I often wonder what the original quilter was planning and thinking while cutting her fabric into squares.
By donating her scraps, she has brought pleasure to my little world.
I didn't want to cut them down to 5 inch squares, but, I did look for inspiration in the charm pack patterns. I would just make the squares bigger, and, then, the quilt would be bigger.


I thought the squares looked coordinated enough, to just use them scrappy.  The squares are big almost 18 inches. I am using this project at the treadle in the evenings while hubby and I are watching tv. These projects are not "real" projects, and, I am in no hurry. My favorite fabric is the black with fruit, so, I am making sure to have one of them in every square. They are too big to press on my little treadle space, so I will press them when I am done.




6 comments:

  1. Looks like those 6 inch squares are making some fun stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks, going to make a great quilt. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I think the theme that many of us quilters are singing is "I just found this now..." :D Have a wonderful day and thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maggie! I think your block is gorgeous, and I wonder, too, what the original person had planned. And why they let go of the blocks, too?!! Thanks for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice project. Looks real to me lol
    Love playing in others scraps etc. Its fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. How terrific that you unearthed this to play with. And also that you are giving it a new chance at becoming something of value. I am sure the previous owner is pleased that it is being used, since they took the trouble to offer it up. Look forward to seeing it progress. Thanks for linking up with the Chameleon's Colour & Inspiration Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete