Wednesday, June 17, 2020

9 patch top

And I have a top. I told my daughter that I was almost done, and, then, she planned on staying up all night to beat me. I'm too old for that nonsense, so, I got up early, finished, and texted her at 9:30 AM that I was done. There is two hours difference so she was still in bed. About 11:30 AM my time, she texted she was done too.  I win by time difference. I talked about racing my daughter using 2 1/2 inch strips here.

Mine

Katie's

A Mother never loses. Any result makes me happy. I never thought she would ever sew, let alone, quilt. And I am so proud of what she does.

start here.
blocks here and here

Now, what other mischief can I get into.....

I am linking:


8 comments:

  1. This is great! I was "that" daughter that hated sewing, then I got into quilting and was hooked. It wasn't for our oldest daughter either, then she found out she could make money and had a baby clothing boutique business for a few years while she stayed home with her children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your quilt, and the color scheme. I have a pattern for that in mini form, but I haven't been able to settle on colors. You may have helped me out in that regard.
    My daughters were not happy when I forced sewing lessons upon them. But one has become a quilter and the other loves making clothes. You just never know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't go wrong with 9-patches. Love the patriotic colors. Woohoo for Katie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun challenge between you two ;)) Both quilts are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. RACE?! SEW funny that you took her literally, Maggie. Congrats of bringing home the WIN (the quilt top AND ultimately raising a quilter!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know that I've ever seen a 9 patch with coping around each block before. It changes the look completely; it's like the 9 patches are floating. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your quilt turned out!! And so glad you won the race, though did she win for the amount of fabric used?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving Katie's "Race" quilt!! I can totally see why you are SEW happy.

    ReplyDelete