Friday, June 19, 2020

unicorn finish

The unicorn quilt is finally done. I started this for my Granddaughter the fall of 2018. I didn't have a pattern, but, I had a panel and a layer cake. I prefer mindless sewing, so, I kept procrastinating. There is a certain amount of guilt that goes with procrastinating, and, that was the motivation to finally put my head down and get this done. And, it will be a good excuse to see my Grandchildren. It is about 70 x 80. I used a plain pink sheet for the back. I used a simple stipple with a few flowers and an occasional unicorn for the quilting.



This is my 5 th finish in as many weeks. It doesn't look like I am close enough on any of my other ufos to have a finish for awhile. I need to celebrate when I can. I have the unicorn quilt as part of my one monthly goal and PHD 2020

13 comments:

  1. Adorable! She will love it. And great job on the 5 finishes, that in itself is a big cause for celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute!! and YAY for seeing the Grandkids!! My Mom and Dad were so happy when I could bring everyone over!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I love the saying on the panel! Great job on all your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like it! My Bella would love a Unicorn quilt! She’s nearly ready for a big girl quilt!
    Always Be Yourself, unless you can be a Unicorn, then Be a Unicorn 🦄. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fabulous! What a great quilt you created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the finish. I'm sure your granddaughter will love it. Thanks for linking up with Thank Goodness it's Finished Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute finish, Maggie! Way to knock another UFO off your list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    Awesome Unicorn quilt. So colorful..have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet unicorn quilt. Congratulations on all your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Your grand daughter will be one happy girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute quilt! Love the sweet colors, and congratulations on finishing 5 quilts until now!

    ReplyDelete