Wednesday, December 19, 2018

string along

Moda is having a string along December 28, 2018, and I thought I would participate providing I can keep up  with good fortune mystery.
Here is the intro post
Here is where I saw it
I really enjoy string piecing on my treadle. It is in my living room, and I can watch tv with or without my husband. It doesn't make too much noise to hear the tv.


And I have no shortage of strings.


I have this string spider web that I work on from time to time. I am using a 1 1/2 inch moda jelly roll, but it gets monotonous very quickly. I am more of a scrappy girl.


And this spider web that has been around for awhile. I haven't finished assembling it.


I have even used strings as sashings.


I'm not sure which I will work on during the string along. I am sure I will find more string ufos if I poke around.

I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers


Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP



4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your post. I've been obsessed with string blocks lately and didn't even know about Moda's push. I just got so excited reading the link you shared. You are my hero right now for clueing me in!! I didn't see that they give any suggestions on what to do with the blocks but I've given 3 string quilts to the Hurricane Michael quilt drive. I just began a black and white one just for fun as well. They are addictive, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a perfect set-up for sewing those strings together - you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your string piecing is lovely! I would love to be able to sew in front of the TV but my husband complains that the sewing machine is too noisy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!
    looks like a fun project!

    thanks for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete