Sunday, December 2, 2018

stash report December 2, 2018

I really like this fabric I found thrifting, but I'm not sure how to use it.


stash report

Fabric Used this Week 0 yards
Fabric Used or gone from house year to Date: 778 1/4 yards  * 400 donated

Fabric Added this Week: 3 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 238 1/4 yards

Net Fabric for 2018: 540 yards used more than purchased. 

I didn't get anything done on this corner this week. I have been under the weather hmmmm why does that phrase, that I have used all my life, mean not well?  
I am feeling better, enough to go to church, so maybe I will get back to this.



When a sailor became ill or seasick, often because of violent weather conditions, that sailor was sent below decks to the most stable part of the ship, which was under the weather rail. The phrase under the weather rail was shortened to the idiom under the weather. The phrase appears in the mid-1800s, and even though travel by ship has waned, the idiom under the weather is still a popular term.

Light the world Christmas program has begun. I have personally loved this program and wanted to share. The link is in the sidebar. I hope you will visit and be inspired.



I sewed at least 15 min four days this week -  orca bay


I am linking to:




Oh scrap

sunday stash at quiltpaintcreate

15 min to stitch at life in pieces

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. I like the fabric too but have no idea how to use it. Something where it stays in large pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that fabric..
    thanks for where under the weather came from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the numbers fabric. I think it's from the Tim Holtz Eccletic collection. You could use it as a lining, or a thread catcher or the backing of a pillow or...… I can think of lots to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thrift finds. That numbers fabric would make a nice book cover or pillow. So sorry that you are feeling poorly (my Grandmother's go to phrase). I like the fun fact about where under the weather came from. We have such a rich language full of unique phrases. I work with someone from Venezuela and he struggles when we start using common idioms, like "I don't have a horse in that race". It can get pretty comical during group meetings when we have to stop and explain what we mean by one of those phrases.

    ReplyDelete