Wednesday, December 5, 2018

orca bay progress


I received a wonderful email with picture from Holly:

Hello Maggie.  I fell in love with your Christmas Snowflake quilting the moment I saw it.  Lucky for me, I learned (newbie here !) how to do paper piecing this summer, so as soon as the current flimsies were done, I started on Christmas Snowflakes.  I did it with three colours, red, green and gold, and used the same fabrics for the three snowflakes in each colour way.  I quilted it with that spiral pattern I first saw on Crazy Mom Quilts.  The finished size is about 54 inches square and I have proudly hung it on my livingroom wall.  I was so obsessed with it, that I did it all in about 2 weeks !  Thank you so much for the inspiration and pattern directions.   

I love the addition of gold, and that she took the time to write me. Way to go Holly.
If you want to make one
Intro/ templates


The bottom portion of orca bay mystery quilt is completely sewn together, warts and all.
And next, is the top.




I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers


Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

Oh Scrap



3 comments:

  1. oh the wonderful inspiration today!
    thanks so much for sharing and for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great eye candy! Way to go with Orca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when quilters send me emails about their quilts - gives the warm fuzzies!

    ReplyDelete