Monday, December 3, 2018

good fortune with a discovery

I have noticed for some time, that especially pieces that are die cut, my fingers are not nimble enough anymore to slip them apart. I put on my thinking cap, and thought about money counters and how they wear little plastic finger tips to give them grip. I found these on amazon.



When I tried using them, I discovered they work - hooray. But, I also discovered their benefits in 2 other ways that I wasn't expecting. First, they make scootching the fabric together that last little bit of a thread, a piece of cake. I can line the matched triangles better than I ever have.
Second, at the ironing board, it is quick and efficient at opening the triangle piece for ironing. Wow. that alone is the best part. I use 4 pieces on thumb and index finger on both hands.


I am cut and ready to plow through clue 2


 I have enough





boms away 

Oh scrap

Patchwork times
Quiltville monday link up

7 comments:

  1. I thought about joining in this mystery quilt, but made a couple red four squares and quit. I have too many project on board right now, but have printed off the directions and think I will get started later this coming year on it. Your half square triangles are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tip! I have issues with arthritis in my hands and these will be a great help. I just ordered some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this great tip with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just cruising away with those HSTs! What a fabulous idea with the finger cots. I think I had something similar to that once for pulling my hand quilting needle through fabric, but they were marketed directly to quilters and probably the price was inflated. I will check Amazon next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tip! (Sorry wasn't trying to be punny). You've got some lovely blues in those HSTs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your inspiration on the Show and Tell Monday !! Bambi hug



    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so loving watching everyone joining in with Bonnie Hunter's Good Fortune. I may start it in the new year. Too much going on at this time. Keep rolling along!

    ReplyDelete