Sunday, December 9, 2018

stash report December 9, 2018

More goodwill finds. I had been interested in this when it was a new "thing", but I thought the paintstiks were too expensive. I found them at goodwill and maybe get a chance to experiment with them before I forget I have them.  haha

I also found these packages of open gate template and pattern. Monique Dillard spoke to our guild one year and I really enjoyed her quilt trunk show. So I was glad to add these to my templates I may never use collection.


stash report

Fabric Used this Week 0 yards
Fabric Used or gone from house year to Date: 778 1/4 yards  * 400 donated

Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 238 1/4 yards

Net Fabric for 2018: 540 yards used more than purchased. 

I sewed at least 15 minutes every day

I am having a serious discussion with myself about goals for next year and limiting the amount of fabric that comes into this house. I do not need anymore....but....

I have a scalloped border to hand sew for a customer on this quilt for my slow stitching today. The quilt has been a challenge, but I love the rhythm of the stitching and it will be delightful.






I am linking to:




Oh scrap


sunday stash at quiltpaintcreate

15 min to stitch at life in pieces

5 comments:

  1. I love your finds.
    You should join us at Stashbusters on yahoo and do the no buy, UFO and use challenges.
    It's a big group, but lots of information and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of your paintstik find. I've picked up some on clearance over the years. They are pricey, but last forever. Have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your Goodwill must have some stitchers nearby. I never find much of anything sewy in my Goodwills. Wonderful finds, and that quilt looks interesting. Maybe you can take a picture of it when you finish? Nothing in is good, especially on a nothing out week. I'll be interested to see how effective that talk was that you had with yourself. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get a chance to play with both your new finds soon. I'm contemplating 2019 stitching goals too, especially the stash management part. If you come up with any good ideas on that front for limiting incoming fabric, I'd be interested.

    ReplyDelete