Monday, November 12, 2018

orca

Last week, Bonnie Hunter was in Indianapolis and my friends and I attended her lecture. It was great to see her lovely quilts in person and living color. There were a billion show and tell On ringo lake quilts ( last year's mytery).
I took pictures of her quilts and didn't get any other picture of Bonnie herself. sigh....
I don't know how many quilts she showed, but as we looked at them after the program, I realized I had every one of them at least started. Oh my goodness, no wonder I have so many ufos.


And back to a bonnie Hunter ufo - I am working on Orca bay mystery quilt as part of Jo's of Jo's country junction challenge.

One day I made 50 of these and was tired of the little every day approach. So I sat at my sewing machine the whole evening and finished all 342 of these wing units. Now I can start making the sashing units. I'm ready to finish this, no more poking around.



Jo of Jo's country junction is trying to finish all the quilts in quiltville's string fling book before the new book is published. I am trying to finish all the mystery quilts as part of that challenge before the new mystery in November. My challenge finishes are here.





boms away 
Oh scrap

8 comments:

  1. I'm that way too, I'll try to piece a certain number a week then I've had enough! I sit and sew all of that step so I can move on. Orca Bay is a lovely quilt, can't wait to see yours completed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a ton of work accomplished. Ready to fly through the assembly now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 342 units is making my head spin. Can't even wrap my head around it. Keep going ... Rah! Rah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never follow that link you provide instead of following the link that denies my access to viewing because of my email address I have to click the top tab for Mystery Quilts.

    You have lovely quilts that inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You knocked out those block parts. I love Bonnie's mysteries, but getting all the block parts done can really take a lot of time. Are you going with Bonnie's colors for Good Fortune?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing all the On Ringo Lake quilts last time, and look forward to Bonnie's new mystery. I participate by watching all the progress others make! LOL I can't imagine having to make 342 of anything! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your inspiration and link to Show and Tell Monday / Bambi

    ReplyDelete