Wednesday, November 28, 2018

orca bay webbed

I have the orca bay mystery quilt webbed together in quadrants. I quickly ran outside to take pictures before the snow. I was hoping to study the pictures to see if I could find the mistakes before I quilted them into the quilt.


It didn't work. It wasn't until I took the pieces to the sewing machine, that I noticed many of the pesky cornerstones were turned the wrong way. And when one was turned, the whole row was wrong. This makes a strong case for webbing the quilt together in smaller chunks.


It's still hard to tell, but, I think I am going to like it.


Even though I didn't finish the mystery quilts, I did start the new mystery - Good fortune. Who could resist tiny 4 patches.



I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers


Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

Oh Scrap

5 comments:

  1. Who could resist indeed?!?! Not me, that's for sure! LOL
    Great job on the very complex Orca Bay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness!!!
    your quilt is fabulous!!!

    thanks so much for linking up!
    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ocra Bay is a beauty! There's so much going on in the quilt it was hard to find the errors. Fixed or not it's gonna be a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've decided to join in on the mystery this year....just started today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This quilt is amazing! I'm struggling to find the error you describe. Maybe that's part of the mystery...

    ReplyDelete