Sunday, November 11, 2018

Stash report November 11, 2018


Lest we forget.

I picked up several scrap bags during quilt show season. This is one that I enjoyed because of the vintage pieces.


I think it would be great if calicoes came back into fashion. They are just a bundle of color and small enough to not be too busy like larger florals.


I really like neutral fabrics and I'm always excited to add more variety to my scraps.


Shirt plaids that I don't have to cut a shirt to get.



stash report

Fabric Used this Week 5 yards -mrs holder hexagon
Fabric Used or gone from house year to Date: 778 1/4 yards  * 400 donated

Fabric Added this Week: 2.5  yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 231 1/4 yards

Net Fabric for 2018: 547 yards used more than purchased. 

I sewed at least 15 min every day this week - double wedding ring and orca bay

I restarted a very old Epp project 2 weeks ago  and I am trying to square it.

I ran out of papers and glue, but I am making progress. I definitely need to increase the bottom corner. I plan on watching a Christmas movie and stitching after church. What a lovely way to spend a Sunday.





I am linking to:


sunday stash at quiltpaintcreate

15 min to stitch at life in pieces

8 comments:

  1. Oh I so agree watching a Christmas movie will soon happen here too! So many stitches are needed to finish a star project but each one is so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your EPP is gorgeous! Enjoy the movie. p.s. I cannot believe how much yardage you have used this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive stats across the board. Hope you got in some good hand stitching yesterday. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you got to spend your Sunday afternoon doing exactly what you wanted to do! Your EPP is coming along beautifully!! I'm with you on calicos ... bring 'em back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fabric in that first bag, patterns and colors, looks a lot like some of the stuff I started with way back when. You picked up some great bags!

    I like the colors in your EPP - what size are your diamonds? I can check to see if I have any in that size and mail them to you. I had some diamonds for the Brackman BOM in 2017, but I'll never use the rest, and if I have the right size, I'd be happy to send them on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What an awesome haul! It's rare when I like ALL of the fabrics in a bundle...but, these are all soooo good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors on your EPP quilt is awesome! It is wonderful that you donated 400 yards of fabric! I'm sure it made a difference in your stash, and felt good going to an important cause.

    ReplyDelete