Friday, November 2, 2018

Mrs holder finish

Mrs. Holder's hexagon was a temecula quilt shop sew along. I made mine by English Paper Piecing with 3/4 in hexagons. It is meant to be a today's version of an old  1880 antique quilt made by Mrs. Holder.
And mine is finished.

Hand piecing takes awhile to see a finish. And, then, I agonized over the quilting. Should I hand quilt it since so much hand work had already been invested in it, or try quilting it on my domestic machine so that it could look more "authentic". But wait I had machine stitched the borders... and I am a long arm quilter, because that was a decision a long time ago.
I made this quilt because I like to EPP hexagons. I like everything about the process. That was the happy. hand quilting is not the happy. So tada it is finished. hooray!


I am linking to:

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I smiled at your thought process about how to quilt it. I have a hexie quilt top I finished years ago that still isn't quilted. I thought I would hand quilt it because of all the hand work already in it, just as you said, but after about an hour of hand quilting I changed my mind. Now I just need to find time to machine quilt it. Thanks for linking with TGIFF this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful quilt. I'm sure whatever you decide on the quilting will look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete