Friday, March 17, 2023

scrappy pinwheels is a top

I am surprised that this quilt is larger than expected. I thought it would be a small lap quilt, but, it is a good size lap quilt. Scrappy pinwheels is a top. I really like the pattern and revisiting older scraps. Hopefully, it will get a turn on the long arm soon.


I started it in 2018 cutting the pieces and sewing some flippy corners. It went into the ufo closet for a vacation.

I made it a goal here in February as part of the 5 quilts project. It has been a delight to work with it.

My version of the pattern here

cut a quilt kit here from shirt fabric.  I would be glad to sell the cut kit for 30.00 plus shipping.


I am linking to:

9 comments:

  1. Great top, Maggie! I like the diamonds as secondary design on this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out so well! Kudos for figuring out the pattern from a photo! Love the blue border! Frames it nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scrappy pinwheels looks great! It's nice to hear it came out of hiding! :-). Thanks for linking to TGIFF!
    quilting gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something comfy about a scrappy quilt. You see something new each time you look at it. Clearly your photography assistant is mesmerized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great quilt top, Maggie, and such an interesting way to make Pinwheels!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go to pull a project from the UFO pile and make progress. This top is way cute!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Perfect size for a lap. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell linky, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete