Monday, March 20, 2023

flying geese

Geese are flying here, as I make the units I need for an older Ufo called hand me down. This is top of my list to finish. But, making flying geese takes a lot of patience and time. I decided I wanted them accurate, so, I went with the deb tucker's instructions and template called wing clipper. They are much more accurate, but, I have more fun if I "fly" by the seat of my pants with rectangles and squares. haha


Still, a few every day and the number I need keeps shrinking. I look forward to making the blocks.


I am making progress. I would like to say I am seeing a dent in the shirt fabric bucket, but, I am not.

7 comments:

  1. I never see a dent in my scrap baskets, either. Scraps are like bunny rabbits -- left alone in dark places, they just multiply like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of plaids.
    Would you be kind enough to post a picture of your 9 patch quilt called diffusion? I googled and nothing came up. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see what diffusion looks like.
    It's probably something extra special

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy making flying geese. Amazing how the scraps just never seem to diminish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard to make a dent in scraps! These are lovely. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your geese and how great to make them from shirt fabric. I still enjoy repurposing fabric and once made matching vests for two of my granddaughters from a much loved and worn quilt. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. Hope your week is going well and not flying away on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those scraps at my house seem to grow the more I use! Your flying geese are adding up. Have fun with the process. I do love flying geese blocks! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete