Monday, March 6, 2023

5 quilts march 6, 2023

 last report February 20, 2023

I try to work on these 5 quilts until they are done. Their turn in the UFO closet is over, and, they need to be finished one way or another. I decided that for 2023, rather than work a little on each one at a time, I would concentrate on just one. I still use the list to plan and look ahead. 

Most of these have been posted, but, I need to move on with new projects. I feel as though I have been staring at the same list for forever. I know projects take time, but I tend to veer off if it takes too long.

 circa 1880-  More about this here.  finished


1.twisted braid - is ready for quilting 

 radiant star from 2012 - finished


2. scrappy pinwheels. I am making the rows


3. Kristals- I need to  sew blocks


4. wool lady table runner. It looks like most of the applique is done, and, I need to make a backing

new 5. wensleydale a jen kingwell pattern. I have had the stuff for a long time. My sewing buddies have both finished their quilts. 

MY  next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet. 

twisted braid

1. wonderland table topper

customer pause

2. wonky courthouse steps 2

3. tokoyo subway

4. scrapbox chevron from 2013

5. wonky wishes 2017

I am linking:

11 comments:

  1. You've made good progress. You may have to reward yourself with something new before you get these finished. It can turn into a slog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to have finishes?! I love your Circa 1880 quilt and the Radiant Star. It's so much fun to see your progress on Kristals and I just love those scrappy pinwheels! I'm going to have to try that block in something! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Wensleydale in my future too. I have the templates, why have I only completed one block? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The radiant star is really beautiful. All your quilts are, but I especially like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your finish! It's really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your circ 1880 is just gorgeous!!! How big are those blocks? I've made a similar quilt as a crib quilt and bigger blocks but I love these small scrappy ones!! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the secondary pattern on the pinwheels blocks. Congrats on those beautiful finishes, Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the scrappy pinwheel quilt! Great finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're checking 'em off at a great rate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great progress! The new wips are lovely. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My! You had another very productive week last week with some finishes to record. All of your projects are pretty and it's so much fun to see your weekly progress. Good luck and I hope this week has been successful in moving your projects along. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete