Wednesday, June 29, 2022

tiger, tiger finish

At the very last minute, I have finished my one monthly goal for June. So glad to have a finish. I plan to donate this to a local shelter for hands to help.

My friend Linda brought a scrap bag to me.... I had found the tiger embroidery at a thrift store...I decided whatever I pulled out of the scrap bag, I would add to the quilt improv style. It has been fun. Some colors, I would not have put together on purpose. But, I like them together here. I think I saw a video on you tube by Beth Shibley from love laugh quilt that made a quilt this way.  I started this in 2020. It didn't take long to make the top. But, my 'to be quilted" list is very long. 

the sun was funny for this shot

It is 40 x 45 and used 6 yards

I quilted an easy large stipple so that it would be soft. I used leftover pieces from the scrap bag for the binding.

I am still digging out the freezer. I canned some hamburger and stew meat in onion for gravy. I can open this for a quick meal when we are too tired to cook. I still have some chicken I want to can and get out of the freezer.




I  am linking to:

2 comments:

  1. My aunt used to can venison in the same way, just so she could have it all year long. Lovely tiger finish! Great use of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is so cute - a truly Improv creation. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete