Friday, June 10, 2022

follow the trail

I thought I was fully loaded on my parts for the snails trail block. I needed some recreational sewing, so I started another round of blocks. I went until I ran out of 1 1/2 inch squares for the center. And, then, I ran out. hmmmm.

I made it this far and discovered another unsorted set of  pieces. I wish I would quilt hiding things from myself. sigh...But, this is a start and so much fun. I like when I play with recycled shirts.


My favorite clematis is about to burst into color. We have had this for more than 20 years and it still makes me smile. It is next to our blackberry bush.


There was a good sale on grapes at the grocery so I bought some to can. I think I had 14 pints. I made a light syrup and water bath canned them. yum. I am in a nesting mode.

3 comments:

  1. It is SO not nice to hide things from your self haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a big bag of shirt scraps to tackle, your blocks are giving me motivation. Wow, canning grapes, I never thought of that. How will you use them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too am curious about canned grapes! I've been cutting up shirts for a quilt but haven't decided on a pattern yet. I look forward to seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete