Saturday, February 19, 2022

hunters star start

I ordered a new hunters star accuquilt die during the holidays. I decided for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy, I would cut 20 of each color this year, and maybe, sew them next year. I have plenty of projects this year,  ( and every future year of my life ), so it seemed prudent to just cut while the scraps are out and available. However, they have been mocking me as they sit in their little container. Just one, they say. What if you can't do it, they say.  Well...I can, and I like making them. I will probably sew them as leader/enders while I sew other projects. That means, fish school, and easy breezy will just have to wait.


I gave myself a pass last month since most of my red blocks were finished for boho heart. But, I have several aqua/blue blocks to make this month. I have a little problem with aqua. I think I see it as aqua until I put it with blue. sigh then it is just blue.

9 comments:

  1. Those Hunter's Star blocks are going to be SEW lovely in AQUA/TEAL, Maggie!! That color family is hard for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaders and Enders are a great way to sew blocks, while working on another project. Before you know it, the pieces are sewn and you have a basket of blocks done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aqua is a sly one! Is it aqua, or teal, or turquoise, or pool blue, or aquamarine, or Caribbean! Sometimes it makes a difference who it’s neighbors are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep , my aqua frequently turns out to be just blue too. At least we are sewing things up !! Stay safe and sew on !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty teals in the hunters star blocks. Sometimes they are very insistent they want to be stitched up immediately. I agree with JudyB - the neighbors really do change up the look of a fabric. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aqua is a tough color, kind of like a chameleon! Your hunters stars will be beautiful. A friend let me try that die, but I couldn't get the stars to come together very well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Hunter Star blocks are going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many scraps and so many new temptations. There are worse problems to have though, than overflowing inspiration! Follow that squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That can happen sometimes. I swear something's the perfect color then I look at it with other colors and it changes! Thanks for sharing your blocks with Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete