Friday, February 11, 2022

baby flannel quilt finish

I have a jelly roll finish for a child. it was a flannel  jelly roll I found on sale. I used 20 for the inside portion. I wanted it a bit larger so I added borders. I made this on the treadle in 2020


It is 47 x 66. I used an all over stipple for the quilting.


I used a dark blue flannel for the back and a light weight batting  since it is flannel.


I machine sewed the binding. I wish I had cut it larger, there is a lot of bulk with flannel. I hope someone will enjoy how cozy it is. And another jelly roll is gone.

I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different     here  and here

10 comments:

  1. Surely someone will enjoy cuddling with it. Love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finish! I love flannel quilts, front and back but yes the binding needs to be a bit wider. I cut 2.5" whereas I usually would do 2.25" because I like a narrower binding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love flannel for baby quilts. These fabrics are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Looks to be warm and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! What a great way to use up a jelly roll. Some little one is going to love it. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete