Sunday, February 27, 2022

stash report February 27, 2022

Yesterday was sew day at the library for our guild. I enjoyed spending the day talking and sewing. I did come home with some scrappy pieces on the free table. And I won the drawing for a fat quarter. I tried to resist....


On the left is my prize fat quarter. I am not sure why I grabbed the bright green piece, but it is nice and bright. I have a weakness for floral that I hope to do a floral quilt someday. And, 2 different quilters brought me their waste triangles. One time, I pulled a triangle from the trash and jokingly said - we shouldn't be so wasteful - there is so much you can do with this tiny piece. And, it became a tradition that they bring these to me. I have an overflowing shoebox full of them. And one day, I will do something with them. Haha

I was happy with what I got done, too.


 Stash report February 27, 2022

fabric added: .75 yards  

fabric added year to date: 3.75 yards

fabric used: 0 yards

fabric used year to date: 70 yards

66.25 yards used more than bought. 

I sewed 6 days last week. A whole day Saturday, which was a welcome chance to work on projects.

I am still working on my hexie project, adding the spacers for the next rosette.





I am linking to:

8 comments:

  1. Those extra triangles are going to make a wonderful quilt. Your hexies are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sewing day at the library sounds like a lot of fun.
    I also have a shoebox full of HTS to be used someday.
    Good stitching on your hexie project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with your sewing time, a whole day is so wonderful as the piecing and quilting progress a lot. Lovely new fabrics, and new scraps ;)
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely fabrics. A floral quilt would be stunning. Lol nothing wrong with pulling a fabric from the trash. I would do the same. So lovely that your friends shared the triangles with you. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sewing day sounds wonderful. Congrats on the fat quarter win. I love the floral fabric with the dark background. Your hexie project looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A full day of stitching with friends sounds really nice. You got some beautiful fat quarters. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, those fellow quilters! You have to be careful what you say around them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun new fabrics! I'm not sold on the triangles, but it will be fun to watch what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete