Monday, September 7, 2020

easy breezy

 I wanted to try a neutral background for my psp20 blocks. I didn't use a single piece for the light background 1 1/2 inch squares. I just used anything hanging around in the basket I had on hand. I realized I might want to add more dark and light blocks to my growing pile. But, mostly, I will make my blocks according to the color of the month for the rainbow scrap challenge. 


I've been adding a few easy breezy blocks each week. I find that, when I poke around in my 2 or 1 1/2 inch squares, I get off track picking through the squares making matching sets. It's almost like putting a puzzle together. If I find one set, I have caught the bug and keep going. These are much quicker than shoofly blocks to make and piece leader/ender style. I think I will be finishing shoofly in eternity.


We tried kayaking Saturday, and I fell in the water, after doing the splits, trying to get in the kayak. Every muscle in my body was screaming the rest of the weekend. Are we too old for this? hmmmmm Doesn't matter, I want to try it again, with hopefully different results.



1 comment:

  1. Good for you, trying kayaking! I bet you'll get better and better at it! I like your neutral psp block! I made a red one yesterday - they are a lot of work. :)

    ReplyDelete