Saturday, September 12, 2020

tiny reds

I couldn't wait to dig into red for the rainbow scrap challenge in September. I knew I had no shortage of red scraps - they are everywhere. Next to blue, I have more red scraps than any other color. Probably because, there are so many reds. Many of my scraps are gifted to me, and, it is a well used color among quilters. I get a lot of  small scraps in red.

I made the tiny houses from 2 inch strip bin. I look for the shortest strip and cut it 2 1/2 inches and 3 1/2 inches, hopefully, until I use it all.

These tiny stars are made next from the cut off triangle from the roofs of the houses, and a box of triangle cut offs. I use 2 inch strips to cut the background.

The shine block is made from a jelly roll I chose at the beginning of the year, and, this, is the closet to red I had from the strips. If you squint, it looks almost red.


It looks like I have 4 of the 6 rainbow projects caught up for September, with 2 to go. Maybe, I will pull out something old from the project closet. Or maybe, I will get complacent and forget.

My rainbow projects for 2020 with links:
 Irish chain
Shine
row by row
scraptastic star
country road
and now
postage stamp psp20

I am linking to:

rsc20 super saturday
oh scrap
UFO busting


9 comments:

  1. Great progress on your RSC blocks. Those houses are so fun! So many different shades of red.... I notice I have one fabric that lands in both red and pink projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! Look who has been playing in her RED scrap bin. Awesome blocks for the RSC, Maggie!!! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tiny houses are quite cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing cuter than tiny houses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on your scraps! Love of fun reds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your red scrappy Blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete