Tuesday, September 1, 2020

to do: set goals

September goals are much like August goals. I wanted to accomplish more than I could last month, so this month I will play a little catch up with my projects.

1. quilt pumpkin patch 

I brought this old ufo out of the closet, during purple month, for the rainbow scrap challenge. It was all in blocks. I want to finish this quilt this month, and, have it gone. I will need rows, and borders, and quilting.



2. quilt melba' s applique

I put this quilt together in January from 1920s blocks, and added a hexie from me for the center bottom block. I need to attach that and quilt it. 



3. make ode to joey top

I keep showing the letters, and, then the words, but, now, it is time to make the top.


4, start circa 1880

I participated in a swap last year of these uneven 9 patch blocks, and, I need to sew setting triangles to it and join it in vertical rows. One of the swappers has hers finished. the other swapper is making vertical rows. Obviously, I will be last on this one.


I can't believe it is September already. August was a pleasant month outdoors, and, it seamed that we made progress on a few outdoor projects.  And, most importanly, we had garden fresh tomatoes. I finished 3 ufos last month , and stayed current with my rainbow scrap challenge projects. My hubby and I visited Prophet's rock, 7 pillars, Adam's Mill, and Indiana Dunes State park. Yesterday, we celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary.

I am linking to:

oh scrap

phd 2020

one monthly goal



9 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Your pumpkin top looks so fun - perfect for working on in September!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a busy Sept. Cant wait to see your progress

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it interesting that no matter how much we accomplish in a month, we always want to accomplish more the next month! Happy stitching and I hope you can meet most, if not all of your September goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! You always accomplish so much! I’m excited to see the words all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got some pretty projects to work on this month. Love that applique one in particular since I'm partial to applique. Happy Anniversary! May you & hubby enjoy many more years together! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maggie! Happy Happy Anniversary. It makes me want to link the Flintstone song here but I'll control myself. Those are some major goals for September. Good luck with all of them and thanks for linking up. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    Great projects to work on this month...love the applique top..so pretty. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated wedding anniversary! Good luck with all your UFO projects this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy sewing! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete