Wednesday, September 30, 2020

string geese

Last weekend, I worked at my treadle, and, finished my shirt string piecing. I am working toward Bonnie Hunter's geese on a string quilt in her book string frenzy. After the blocks were finished, I went back to the book, and realized I had made a mistake. In one part, Bonnie says to cut phone book papers 7 1/4 inches. In a different part, she says to cut them diagonally. I didn't read that part, apparently.


I cut them after they were pieced, so all the geese won't have the strips going in one direction. I don't have a problem with wonky geese, I guess. That's better than a redo. I am putting this project away for a little bit, as I have other more pressing priorities.

5 comments:

  1. How did I miss that Quiltville pattern? What a great idea! Have you chosen the wing and sashing fabric yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, those are going to make a neat scrap quilt! And, well, if you missed something in the directions about diagonal stuff, apparently a ton of other people did, too - judging by the groups of images that come up when I do a search on the quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops! Frustrating. Wonky Geese or come up with another idea for those blocks. Either way is sure to be SEW cozy once quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! So frustrating. But I bet these will still end up in a beautiful quilt some day! Thanks for linking up!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s a happy accident, I bet it will rock!

    ReplyDelete