Friday, November 22, 2019

more sand castles

The next step for the Bonnie Hunter sand castles quilt, is cutting the sets for the center block.
I had several strips set aside, but, I miscalculated, and, I couldn't get the whole set. I need to forage some more through my 2 1/2 inch bin to find more strips to cut. It won't be hard to find enough. sigh...


I couldn't wait to try one until all the sets were cut. And, I couldn't wait to see the string side pieces.


Oh, it is so fun. I am going to like this quilt. This quilt is in the book string frenzy. I started it here and here and here.


I am linking to:


7 comments:

  1. Looks like you are getting it done. Are you doing the full size?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I Like it!!! What a colorful quilt it wil be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks are very tempting! I bet it's fun to play with the different scrappy combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one way to deal with a pile of scraps. Sandcastles in the sewing room! You'll be able to take a trip to the beach any day of the week. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this block! I am looking forward to seeing more. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is going to be such a good block for using up those bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy how the blue fabric unifies the rest of the scrappy fabrics in the block.

    ReplyDelete