Wednesday, November 27, 2019

pineapple blocks

It was time to start a few more pineapple blocks. The ones I had been working on had reached the size I wanted. I try to keep a few going so that I will remember how to make them. I don't like that I have to reacquaint  myself if I wait too long to work on them. These blocks started as a gifted bag of scraps more here.


The second row is easy to trim. I can cut both sides before I move the template.


I am ready for the neutral row.


           
I am linking to:
to do tuesday

7 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie! What a cool ruler. I've only seen pineapple blocks made via paper piecing, which is not my favorite thing. These are coming together so nicely plus what a fabulous way to use up that gifted scrap bag. Thank you for linking up today! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your resourcefulness. But I can't imagine completing the blocks without paper piecing. Even then it was a lot of putsy work. ( I made a whole bunch and even exchanged them with my guild only to find out that the pattern was not square. )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fun and easy! You've got quite a few super nice projects in the works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you keep up with all the scrappy projects you've got going. Do you keep scraps for a specific project in a bag or box so you know you've got the right sizes for the right projects?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That ruler looks SEW helpful for this project. Keep at them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lightbulb moment! A specialty ruler to make this block is just what I need - I am definitely googling this product! I have more scraps then I can deal with and this is the perfect project, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete