Saturday, November 2, 2019

tiny storm block

We had our first snowfall on Halloween. It was a surprise this early. It has been a pretty fall, and our sweet gum finally had yellow leaves. We bought sweet gum especially for it's fall color, but it hasn't changed in the fall in four years. It was lovely this year.


I stopped trying to catch up on the tiny Tuesday blocks when I ran into this little challenging block.
I was a bit intimidated.


It was all paper pieced, but the pieces were very tiny.


I didn't do it all at once, but a little every day.


It wasn't so bad after I started.


And I have a great block for my rainbow scrap challenge sampler quilt.


I am linking to:


9 comments:

  1. pretty blocks - we have sweet gum trees too and they turn a lovely red/yellow here - maybe the new ones take awhile. Glad we didn't have the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though the little individual parts were easy, that was a challenging block to get all together, wasn't it?! Yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your storm block looks great! It was an intimidating block! Paper piecing is always a challenge in my book! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yours turned out great! Love the fabrics you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on your block! Can I admit I purchased a storm at sea kit .... 20 years ago and have yet to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Paper piecing is really good for the small stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! I remember those tiny pieces well....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your storm at sea tiny block came out beautifully. I just made the owl block from back in March today. That was a challenging one as well.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete