Monday, May 6, 2019

stash report May 5, 2019

I have been sorting through my studio and finding many - what was I thinking -bags and bins. I don't know why I dropped the ball on some of them. I must have felt deadlines, and delayed decisions in favor of accomplishing what I felt needed done. Something about Spring fever makes it very soothing to slowly sort and cull the important from the mess. I wonder if it's much like our Mother's mothers felt when they would open the cabins doors and windows and shake the winter from their homes. I have found fabric that I didn't unpack and put away.


Stash report 

Fabric Used this Week 34.75 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 135.25 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 3.75 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 105.25 yards
net fabric: 30 yards used more than bought

I found a buried jar full of empty thread spools. I had seen a quilter post somewhere that she kept the empty spool bobbins for a year and then had that as a record of how much she had sewn. I thought it was a great idea and started doing the same. But, I didn't take a picture and blog about it.
This is 2017 empty spools.


And this is part of 2018 empty spools before I forgot I was collecting spools. It looks unimpressive in a pile. It should be mounds and mounds for the amount of thread I think I have put through the sewing machine. haha


I stitched 15 min everyday, mostly treadle last week as I am rearranging the "studio" and the sewing machine has been unplugged.

I am working on hexies to fill in my big hexie quilt for slow sunday stitching.


I have been cutting bags of scraps from leftover projects.


I am linking to:



I am linking to:



sunday stash at quiltpaintcreate


15 min to stitch at life in pieces

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is fun to unearth those abandoned projects. You remind me to get back in the habit of cutting scraps so they are ready when a project appears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little scared of what I might find if I cleaned up my sewing room. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you made a lot of progress on the clean up. You made good use of your 15 minutes a day. Thanks for linking up with the 15 minutes to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Organizing scraps sure can take a lot of time, but it makes it more likely that the scraps will be used, and you can find what you want when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Organizing is fun when it's finished! I also save spools but I'm saving all of them. I just stick them in a bag. After I'm gone my children can deal with them. For now, they're fun for the grandchildren to play with. They've never had toys like the spools to stack up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! You have been a busy lady! I do so love to organize and clean up my studio - so much so that I believe it can get in the way of sewing! Your EPP blocks look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, those spools are evidence of a lot of stitching having been accomplished at your place. I always like a big clean up as I seem to find many things that I had forgotten about. Always love to see some hexie stitching. Happy spring cleaning!

    ReplyDelete