Friday, May 17, 2019

organizing my sewing area

I have been in a cleaning organizing mood. It started with this shelf and turned into a complete rearrange. I had just stuffed anything up here that I didn't want to deal with deciding yet. Bad idea. I found so many wonderful surprises aka things I thought were lost forever. The shelves were over my sewing machine.


After the rearrange, my cutting table is under here to the right. So I moved all my frequently used templates to the shelves. Now we will see if I can keep it nice. The books and notebooks to the left are freguently used references. The books to the right are new and I want to remember I have them. On the lower shelf is a jar for leftover triangle bits and a crock for 1 1/2 inch squares.


I made the spinning star for the tiny Tuesday sampler and the rainbow scrap challenge. And I used the 4 patches for sand castles as leader/ enders. I did some other rainbow sewing that I will post later.


And since it had been too long, I made a lone florabunda block.


I am linking to:




Whoop Whoop

8 comments:

  1. love your Spinning Star - sometimes we just have to take the time to organize - I have one shelf that really needs it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are lovely, Maggie, but I'm most impressed with your Spring cleaning! You say those shelves are directly above your sewing machine?! Good thing you got to them before they came crashing down!! But seriously, you've reminded me of some "dark corners of despair" in my own studio that desperately need my attention... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great to have a nicely organized sewing area. I had to do the same recently myself. I notice you have a lot of empty bobbins. Do you have a project for those?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maggie! There seems to be a rash of people who are inspiring me to continue and complete my Spring cleaning. While it is still Spring!! Love this and thank you for the gentle push to just get 'er done. Because it is so rewarding when it is finished, isn't it?! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been in the same mood! I organized my fabrics and found things I had totally forgotten about.
    I love your florabunda block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping everything neat and organized afterwards is always my downfall! Your blocks look great - Floribunda is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great surprises! I should clean up a few areas too and see what I can find. Your Floribunda is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got Spring Cleaning on my mind, too. You did a nice job with your space. Thanks for sharing! Maybe your photos will guilt me into getting a move on... er... inspire me to get busy with my own studio reorganization. :o))

    ReplyDelete