Thursday, May 30, 2019

4 patches

I need 512 - 4 patches for sand castle quilt - a quiltville pattern. I am using them as leader/ enders for other stitching. I have only made 200 and I need more. My bucket was looking empty, and, I needed more variety.


I thought this was a good reason to dig through the 1 1/2 inch strip bin, and strip piece the odd stuff.
Now, I need time at the accuquilt to get sets of twosies cut, and then, I can mindlessly sew more tiny 4 patches. I am guessing I have not made enough even yet, but, it will get me started.


I have 2 more florabunda blocks to add to my collection.


One of my rug hooking friends brought this quilt in to show everybody. This was her husband's Grandmother's quilt project. There were pieces from a 1929 newspaper found in the back, used as foundation papers. It is really a beauty in person. The  diamonds were hand stitched but the blocks were machine pieced together.

I love all the different fabrics and shapes sewn together to make a piece.
Beth plans on hand quilting it. Just imagine the relationship she will form while she works on it, and thinks about the family member who made it.



I am linking to:



I am linking to:




boms away 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the images of the retro quilt, Love seeing vintage fabric in a creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sand castle quilt is gonna be fun. And how cool to see a quilt made long ago and be able to work on it too.Beth is a lucky girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That star quilt is absolutely gorgeous! Love all the scraps and the bright blue background really makes them all pop! So very fortunate to have such a beautiful heirloom! Hand quilting is the perfect choice! :-)
    Love your yellow florabunda blocks too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful antique quilt It's really cool with its scrappiness. Your sand castle block looks fun. Can't wait to see it with its "friends"! And speaking of friends, that Bonnie Hunter is sure keeping you busy -- 512 four-patches??? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that scrappy string quilt! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete