Thursday, May 2, 2019

sand castles strings

I have finally finished all the string blocks for quiltville pattern sand castles. Next is a gazilllion 4 patches from 1 1/2 in strips. And if only this made a dent in the scrap buckets. Still, it is nice to move this project along to the next step.


While I was working on the string blocks, I made a few slab pieces, just for fun. It would break the monotony of the sand colored fabric. I have a BIG bucket of strings in different sizes and shapes that I used to make these. No plans for these, yet.




And, of course, I am making more strings as I trim up pieces in a scrap bucket. There is always a string mess somewhere in my house.


I am linking to:

creative compulsions

needle and thread Thursdays
humble quilts
confessions of a fabric addict

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you are making crumb blocks for Xing, another BH quilt from String Frenzy. Congrats on being so close to finishing Sand Castles. BH quilts are akin to running a marathon, aren't they! Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember the pattern Sand Castles I will have to look at it - is it in a book or on her webpage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the slab pieces the best. I can do that! Visiting from Michelle's Creative Compulsions linky #8.
    Happy Crafty Thursday!!!
    Sandi
    The Creative Seller

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strings and slabs are both so addictive and yours look great

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great ideas using strings!!

    ReplyDelete