Thursday, April 26, 2018

Christmas snowflake part 2

I am working on cutting and sewing this Christmas quilt. I am planning on sharing as I go along. The plan is for every Thursday.
I will be calling it Christmas snowflake.



Last week I shared a bit about how to start and included links to the paper piecing templates.
Intro/ templates

This week I am listing the fabric requirements.

16 assorted red and green fat quarters
6 1/2 yards of white solid for background
5/8 yard binding
4 1/2 yards of backing
79 square of batting
quilt is about 71 1/2 inches square when finished

 I didn't use fat quarters since I am using scraps. I found I could cut most of it from 2 1/2 inch strips and 3 1/2 inch strips.
I used the easy angle and the companion angle rulers to cut.
Surely, there are Christmas scraps and pieces in everybody's stash. I used a Christmas white on white snowflakes for the background. I found I had more red than green in my stash.

I am linking (links in the sidebar) to:
needle and thread thursdays
oh scrap


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty quilt. Lots of triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun scrap project! I'll be watching as you go along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be such a fun scrappy project.

    ReplyDelete