Sunday, April 8, 2018

stash report April 8, 2018

An independent quilt store in my area officially closed their doors the end of February, but they emailed customers and offered a 2 day sale of nearly 70% off. I resisted through Monday without going, but I really wanted to go, and my husband said we could make a fun day of the trip. The weather was awful, drenching blowing rain. We were crazy.


I chose my fabric and stood in line and waited and waited. Just before my turn another clerk came and offered to help cut another customers fabric. hmmmmm. And then, as I was up at the table, the clerk noticed another customer behind me with fewer bolts and said she would take her ahead of me since she only had three bolts. hmmm no. I had waited, and I might have noticed her lack of bolts and offered her to go ahead of me, myself, but that should have been my call...... so I left. I didn't make a purchase. I don't have to add anything to my stash report or find a place to sort it into. And I really should be careful financially with our situation. So, I was saved from myself. but still a little bit cranky.

These were pity purchases at Joann on the way home.



Stash report

Fabric Used this Week 13 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 178 3/4 yards


Fabric Added this Week: 1 1/2 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 41 1/4 yards

Net Fabric for 2018: 137 yards used more than purchased.

I sewed at least 15 min 7 days this week. A few days that was all I sewed.

I have made a corner  on my rug - I am hooking this in an 8 cut and I am surprised how quickly that it is coming along.


I am linking to:

Slow Sunday Stitching

sunday stash at quiltpaintcreate

15 min to stitch at life in pieces


8 comments:

  1. That's horrible....no wonder they went out of business! Very glad you made safe travels to and from with all of that rain and wind though! And, LOVE that Singer fabric! :-) Trust that everything happens for a reason...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad about the shopping trip. I guess when you know you don't have a job you don't worry about service. Very pretty batik.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a very good way of doing business, but then I guess they are no longer in business. Sometimes we are saved from ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I think I would have left too. Not a good way to do business, but maybe that is why they went out of business. I like what you purchased at JoAnn's

    ReplyDelete
  5. No wonder that shop went out of business if their customer service wasn't any better than that. Congrats on the stash busting and on finding time to stitch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...how frustrating! I like the fabric you did get with the sewing machines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How annoying! Still, love the sewing machine fabric and your rug

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that's exactly how I would have behaved! LOL You have an amazing stash reduction!

    ReplyDelete